Sunday, July 10, 2005

weekend review

Well, I didn't try to blow myself up this weekend, so I guess it was better than last.

Living back at home is a challenge... I'm praying dad finds a place in WY soon because I just don't think he is ever going to get it. I'm 27, not 17, and I'm paying rent. I love my dad dearly, I just need my own space and my own rules.

Had lunch Friday with Liz, the drama director at church. It was good to see her again and talk. She's working on a new book and I will get to help!! Fun stuff. I also read a book by a family friend, Douglas Hirt, this weekend. It's a new genre for him. Normally, he writes westerns, and they aren't bad. This one is more what I call historical fiction with a Christian twist. It's going to be a series and the first book is about Noah's parents and how they are sent to the Garden of Eden for Noah to be born. Not bad at all!

I also had a short talk with my boss on Friday afternoon. Pray that all goes well and they make my move to her team official. Our test team was extended for a month, but she has openings on her team so we are trying to get me moved there "for real". I've gotten the approval of my "old" boss, the new boss and their boss, so we just need the director. This is the guy that doesn't like me so I'm praying he won't cause trouble. But my dear sweet new boss said she would fight for me, which is nice to know.

I didn't leave the house today at all. I stayed in jammies all day (but for the record, I put on clean jammies after my shower). I needed a day like today, a slow, reading, hanging out sort of day. I hope you all had a good weekend as well!

Later.

2 comments:

Janet said...

"I'm praying dad finds a place in WY soon because I just don't think he is ever going to get it. I'm 27, not 17, and I'm paying rent. I love my dad dearly, I just need my own space and my own rules.

So does your dad live with you or you live with your dad? Either way, I can relate. I just turned 28 and I'm trying to find an affordable place to buy in the overpriced, overpopulated wasteland known as NJ.

Sara said...

I just moved back into his house, but he is supposed to be moving out. There's no way at this point I can afford to buy and this seemed like a good plan to help out dad since he'll have two places. And it's a great plan as long as he moves out soon!