Friday, July 08, 2005

sleep tight

After five days of not sleeping, I finally got a good night of sleep.

Granted, by the time I was ready for bed I was tired enough that I should have slept like a log. I've been sleeping on a twin (not my queen, which is in the garage) and I'm not sure what I was thinking when I bought it years ago. Apparently I was into torture. The bed is not just firm (which is a must) but it is also rock hard. I bought a foam mattress pad Sunday, which helped, but not enough.

Before we continue, I want to state for the record that I'm very aware that I'm an overly sensitive sleeper. Things must be perfect for me to get sleep. Thankfully, I'm aware of what needs to happen for perfect sleep.

Let's continue.

I figured that I would run to Target after dinner to pick up a second foam pad which would provide the additional cradling I need. So off I went. I found what I wanted quickly and went home. I opened the bag, pulled the foam out and unrolled it.

Instead of finding a nice perfect, even foam, what I found a pad that was about an inch thick at one end (the end you could see in the bag) but less than 1/4th of an inch thick most everywhere else. I thought I might just use the extra camping pad for the night and return the poorly cut item to the store. I unrolled that only to find two spiders (one dead, one alive, but only for a moment) inside. Since I have a thing against spiders in my bed, or even the idea of spiders having been in my bed, that idea was out.

So, I rolled the Target pad back up, stuffed it half way into the bag (you try to get those things BACK in the bag!) and went back to the store.

Then it was off to Wally World to find a pad like the first one I bought. There, I found one slightly more expensive but better quality so I bought that. Then I found sheets, 300 count, that were very affordable, so I got those as well. Sheets are another one of those things that I'm picky about.

Finally, at 9:45, I got home. After opening, unrolling and remaking the bed with new sheets, I was ready for bed.

And I slept well.

Thank goodness for a good night of sleep.

1 comment:

Star said...

It was probably all the activity that gave you a good nights sleep.

I've bee mooned by Muzikdude.