Monday, June 27, 2005

will they show up?

I'm sitting here at Panera waiting for the rest of the writing group to arrive. Granted it's only 5:55 and we aren't meeting until 6, and I'm early, but I still get nervous. What if no one shows up? I look pretty funny sitting in the community room all alone!

I haven't been to one of these get togethers since, well, November. Wait, we had a party in December that I went to. I've been busy with other things. But I want to be a part of this group and thankfully, being the bunch of creative people they are, they don't mind if I'm flakey about showing up. I wish the power outlet was closer to the door, then I could see if anyone shows up, but as it is, I'm stuck near the back wall. Poor planning on Panera's part.

Someone had better show up. Not that I couldn't use two hours to work on my writing. Heaven only knows how sadly neglected it has been over the last few months. But I do have a million (sadly, that is almost literal) other things I need to do that are a bit more time sensitive. Like painting dad's house. I couldn't paint over the weekend because dad wanted to sleep in his room. I can't grudge him that but I did lose hours of great painting time. I could have had the bedroom almost done by now. Tomorrow I have a ball game (we are singing, imagine that) and Wed is tutor training at the library. So, really, I don't have two hours to spend here by myself. And for the almost $9 I spent I would have rather had Red Robin (yummy watermelon limeade and poppy seed honey mustard sauce!!).

It's 6:02 and I'm still alone. There is hardly anyone else in the place except employees. Funny, I was feeling rather anti-social today (didn't make a single phone call!) but now that I'm here, I want other people to be here as well. Chalk another one up to my finicky temperament.

I'd like to take a moment to comment on the food. Not realizing how unhungry I was, I should have gone with just the soup. The baked potato isn't as good here as it is a Bear Rock Cafe, but it's good. I got the half sandwich and soup combo with a chicken salad sandwich. I like their chicken salad but it needs pepper, lots of pepper. Maybe I should have done a bagel and soup, that would have been nice as well. Too late.

Okay, it's 6:06 and I'm still alone. Wait, I think I know that person, but she's walking out. Maybe they reserved another part... Guess I'll have to go see.

Later!

2 comments:

Müzikdüde said...

Writing group? Hey, I write...I wonder if they would chastise me for my over use of the elipsis...

Sara said...

na, they aren't that good! actually, they aren't to the point where they actually share what is written. none of them showed anyway. I stuck around until 6:40 and got my novel broken up into chapters then left.