Thursday, June 09, 2005

moving on up

It's official.

I'm moving.

Back to dad's house but mostly minus him. This world is crazy if nothing else.

I'm also giving some serious thought to joining the Peace Corps. The more I look at what they do, the more I think it's one of the few places around that could actually use my skills and meet many of the qualifications I have for "work". That's a dirty four-letter word, I know. Expect to hear more in the coming months.

My little brother is creating a resume so he can include references for a job he's applying for. Sad to think that by his age, I'd been in the workforce for almost seven years in some fashion, paying taxes, the whole nine years. The baby always gets off easy.

Okay, to bed, to bed. I gave blood today and I'm a bit weary.

2 comments:

The Girl with a Green Hat said...

WOW! I'm so excited for you! You are finally moving! So will you basically have the whole house to yourself? I want pictures (after you move in and paint of course). Have a great week! I updated! Ciao!

Sara said...

Well, Nathan and I will be sharing the house. It will be different since he's already in the room I had for years, so I'm going into dad's room. I spent yesterday digging a hole in the floor for a sump pump (so we can put in new flooring in the downstairs) and then spent today peeling wallpaper out of the bathroom downstairs. I'm excited about moving and painting and everything. Yea!