Monday, January 30, 2006

grasping cotton candy

So, I didn't get a part in the play. I'm half disappointed, half relieved. It means that I may get some sleep this spring (I'm still deprived from the last show) and that I should have time to work on my novel and other pursuits that have been put on hold for a while. But it means I won't be part of that group that is doing the play. I'll miss out on the friendship and bonding, which was part of why I even tried out. Oh well, c'est la vive.

I'm toying with the idea of telling you all about a dream I had week or so ago... can't decide if telling it outloud will make it less wonderful or more so. Right now, I'm thinking some of my readers will understand and take it for what it could be and some will laugh and make it a silly little dream. I don't want it to be a silly little dream so I may keep it under wraps a bit longer.

I got a tape back last week, a tape that had been "missing" for over two years. I had loaned it to a friend who moved and left it with a roommate. Turns out her former roommate and I are both terrible at making contact and I had given it up as lost. A sad thing because it had a very special message on it. But lo and behold, I got an email out of the blue last week saying she found it and wanted to get it back to me. I finally got to listen to it again last night. Made me cry. I had forgotten so much of the message, and even more of it was clear this time (or maybe, less was clear, but they were new parts that had been foggy before, can't tell just yet). I needed to hear it now, I needed it just this week and here it was. Thanks to all who had a part in brining that tape back to me.

I think it's time to go read a book... about a dreamer. I started The Alchemist this weekend and so far it is great. Can't wait to finish it. I have a feeling it is the right book at the right time as well. Anything to pass the waiting hour.

Hope your week is off to a great start. I did my taxes tonight and though I'm not getting as much back as I had hoped, it's still a chunk of money that can help pay for my sponsorships so when I go to PC they are taken care of. Actually, Sandra will be graduating sometime soon so I only have to worry about Karen. Since she's only 5 she had better be around for years to come! I'm not ready for Sandra to go but I know she has all I can give her and more. She has Jesus in her heart and a good head on her shoulders. She's smart, pretty and isn't afraid of life. I love that girl like crazy.

Alright, book time. Go on, curl up with a classic. Tell me about it in the comments...

No comments: