Monday, May 19, 2008

more quips...

I took Jake, Will and Kayla to Denver on Friday. Jake had a date with my sister, Carin, to go to the Rockies game and we decided to make a day of it and take the kids to the Denver Aquarium as well. Here I am with the kids.
And here are some fun pictures...

It's hard to take pictures at the aquarium, fish tend to move a lot. But I got a few of the non-moving attractions

Kayla liked the fish but was a bit freaked out at some of the tanks, so she wanted to be held most of the time.

Jake and Will were having fun.














On Saturday morning (yes, we kept the kids overnight!), I'm helping Kayla pack her bag. I tell her she needs to pick up both of her dirty socks. She picks up one and says, "I can't find the other one." The other one is two feet away from her in the middle of the floor. So I say, "use your eyes, Bear!" She looks around and finds the sock. A few minutes later, we are downstairs and she says, "There's a spider in Miss Carin's house." I was busy cleaning off the table so I asked her where the spider was. Her response? "Use your eyes." What a stinker!

Then, on the drive home, Will asks if we can listen to some "school" music. I told him I didn't have any. He says, "I mean the old school, like we listened to on the way to Carin's!" Yeah, I'm not telling these kids anything ever again!

No comments: