Wednesday, April 16, 2008

quips and such...

I don't have kids. At the rate I'm going, I might not every have kids of my own. And I have to admit, I get a bit jealous when you all post the cute things your kids say. But I'm around kids all the time and I have ones that I'm very close to. Like Jake, Will and Kayla. As their mother says, "Sara would be their godmother if we were Catholic." We aren't Catholic, but I love those kids as much as I possibly can.

Lately, I've heard some fun things from the kids. Here are two highlights!

Kayla: (we were at church on Sunday, the day after my 30th birthday) "You don't look 30." I waited for the punchline, but she was just making an observation (one for which I'm grateful for!)

Mayce Jo: (Mayce is one of the girls in my nursery class on Tuesdays and Sundays, she will be 2 in June. She often talks to her mom about me. This is what she said a week or so ago as they drove to church for Tuesday morning!) "Mayce no church. Mayce no Sara. Mayce no bubbles." At this point, her mother is getting a bit concerned since Mayce loves to come see me! After a moment pause, Mayce added, "Mayce funny!"

I'm not sure if we should be concerned that Mayce Jo isn't two yet and is already using lies as a humor device, but it was cute!

No comments: