Tuesday, May 16, 2006

busy little slinky

So, you've finally noticed that I'm not posting so often :)

There is a great reason for that. You see, since February, I've been working a second job. It's a long story and one that I can't fairly share in full detail, so I'll just say that a position opened up expectedly at church and I was asked to step in. So, since the first weekend of February, I've been spending 15-20 hours working for church and still holding down my regular 40 hour week at Compassion. I am starting to feel like I need a weekend, but I'm not sure when I'll find someone to train as the new me (ie, I used to fill in one weekend a month, now I need a fill-in person!).

While this may sound crazy, working around 60 hours in a week, it's a true blessing, even an answer to prayer. You see, for months, I've been trying to pay off some debt, but it just never seemed to get any smaller. I'd been praying about it and I mentioned often to God that I am more than willing to follow his calling to the Peace Corp, yet I needed some help in getting my debt covered in order to do that. I kept waiting (while faithfully putting as much as possible towards paying it off) for an answer. Well, he answered big time. With this second job, I should be able to be debt free by August!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (happy dance, big happy dance)

So, I want to post more often, and I'll try my best to do so, but give me a little grace. When it comes down to sleeping or posting, sleep is winning out these days!

Other news... I'm painting a bathroom (seems like I can't go more than a few months without painting something, I think that's an illness!). I can't for the life of me think of anything else really exciting that is going on. Wait, I went out for Thai food last week, that was fun. I think I like Indian food better, but Thai was yummy as well.

Okay, I have to go peel wallpaper off the wall now, joy of joys. Have a good evening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you have such an awesome reason for not posting! Isn't it great how God answers prayer?

Thai and Indian and picking a favorite? That's a tough one! We cook Thai pretty regularly around this joint. It's better than german food (no offense anyone) it is easy and we don't have to put up with a smoke filled restaraunt to enjoy it. :)

Thanks for the lovely post. And yes, I do think you are addicted to painting. But in a good way. :)
Vocalviolinist

Brock Blackburn said...

This might come off wrong, but have we ever met? I'm from the Springs and know several people that work at Compassion. I didn't see enough info on your blog to figure out if I know you or not. brock.blackburn(at)gmail(dot)com