Thursday, April 06, 2006

talking to the nuts

Hello. Miss me? I know you did.

I'm here, just been a bit busy lately. Since early February I've been working two jobs, one full-time and one part-time. I haven't had a real weekend since then, but that's okay. Just means I have to squash all my "weekend" activities into the weeknights. Last week, there wasn't a single night that I got to come straight home and relax.

Anyway, I'm still here, still having lots of post ideas come and go before I get a chance to capture them. I have a few that I want to post for my other site
(Questions For God) and a thought of doing some book reviews here, but for tonight, I'm just going to chat a while.

I got a pedicure this week, the second one I've ever gotten. It was nice and my feet look (and feel) great. If you've never gotten one, I encourage you to splurge at least once. You won't regret it. There is something to be said for pampering yourself from time to time. I've found if you don't, you'll go crazy sooner rather than latter. Granted, some of us are crazy already. Maybe what I think of as going crazy is really going sane. There's a topic for deep thought!

I finished reading a new book last night (well, new to me, published a while ago). It was one of those books written by an "east" Indian (as opposed to a "west" Indian, if you don't know the difference, comment and I'll explain). Or maybe she was British, or of mixed decent, it was hard to tell, but the photo made it look like she was Indian. Very good little story, can't remember the spelling of the title just now but I'll put it in a later post. I felt good about finishing it because I started it in late January and then got busy (with the afore mentioned second job) and just haven't had time to read.

Yesterday at work I got to call a real nutcase. It was intriguing to talk to someone so convinced that her views were God's views. There were several points in the "conversation" (and I quote that only because I'm not sure there was any true conversing going on) that I almost had to hit my mute button because I feared I would laugh outloud! It's going to be the topic for my other blog, so I won't say much here, but it was an experience! It reminded me to be firm and secure in my beliefs but to always turn back to God, no one else, when in doubt.

Okay, it's getting late and I have to clean the kitchen, put out the trash and take care of the litter box (oh the joy joy joy). Hope you have a great weekend.

No comments: